Published on April 4, 2022
Benched for two years due to COVID-19 restrictions, Ullman Sails Long Beach Race Week returns to the West Coast June 24-26 in Long Beach, Calif. The 2022 edition marks the 17th year that the Alamitos Bay Yacht Club (ABYC) and the Long Beach Yacht Club (LBYC) are co-hosting the event.
Over 100 boats are expected with seven wind races planned for the PHRF and One-Design divisions.
Additionally, the Catalina 37 fleet will be racing for the National Championship title and there may still be boats available for charter. Check details at www.lbrw.org.
For the Random Leg classes, three races are scheduled with a variety of scenic course layouts and lengths around marks and landmarks in San Pedro Bay.
Trophies will be awarded daily for the above categories as well as general honours. And there are several special prizes:
• Satariano Boat of the Week: Winner of the one-design class in the division with the closest and most competitive races.
• PHRF Boat of the Week: Winner of the PHRF class in the division with the closest and most competitive races.
• Kent Golison Family Trophy: the highest ranked boat piloted by at least three immediate family members.
• Voyage Trophy: Boat owner traveling the farthest from his home town.
• Yacht Club Challenge: Based on the combined score of three teams – nominated before the race.
Event Information – Race Details – Entry List